Fourvière has been a major element in the life and soul of Lyon for a thousand years, and its Domain has been enriched with many spiritual and patrimonial treasures as the centuries went by. This guidebook allows to discover the various monuments making up the "Basilica" just as it was defined by Rome in 1897 - the Lady chapel, the chapel of Saint Thomas of Canterbury, the gilded Virgin, the basilica itself, the crypt, and the Rosary garden. It skims through the history of the faith lived out in Lyon, and underlines the series of vows which gave the inhabitants of Lyon an unshakeable trust in the Immaculate Conception celebrated in Fourvière. It also explains and clarifies the origin of the feast and illuminations taking place in Lyon every year on December 8th. Finally, it dwells on the white basilica itself, and discloses all its treasures one after another. So this book is also a practical guide, which shows and translates all the Latin expressions used by architects and still covering the walls of the chu
Autres contributions de...
- Villefranche-sur-SaôneJean-Jacques PignardÉd. la Taillanderie
- Découvrir Lyon et son patrimoine mondial NE - langue allemandeGérald GambierIDC Communication
- Découvrir Lyon Et Son Patrimoine Mondial - EspagnolGérald GambierIDC Communication
- Découvrir Lyon Et Son Patrimoine Mondial - Langue RusseGérald GambierIDC Communication
- Symboles Sculptés Dans Les Églises RomanesGérald GambierIDC Communication
- Le Rébus Du Symbolisme RomanGérald GambierIDC Communication